Auckland Town Hall was opened in 1911 and underwent a $33 million restoration in 1997. The original architects were JJ & E Clarke who won a competition to tender designs and drawings for a Town Hall to suit the particular site.
The ornate plasterwork in the Great Hall was restored by a local Auckland specialist and was been repainted in original Edwardian colours of cream and white. The roof is 17 metres high (approximately 60 feet) and the auditorium seats 1,673 people.
303 Queen St, Auckland CBD
+64 9 309 2677